Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Diners in San Francisco

I love diner food so I made sure to have my fill of classic greasy Americana that these late night joints offered when I was in San Francisco.

I'm glad to have had the chance to visit the iconic Fog City Diner at Embarcadero before it went on a serious remodel. It has now reopened minus its neon lights and black & white tiles which is sad because I loved it the way it was.

IMG_5185


IMG_5179
Mac & Cheese


IMG_5181
Bacon Burger


Lori's Diner,  located at the heart of Union Square, reminded me of Pop Tate's Chock'lit Shoppe from the Archies. 

IMG_6828

Food certainly didn't look appetizing but it sure was filling. I have to admit though that Lori's Diner was my least favorite among the diners I tried.
IMG_6830
Buffalo Wings


IMG_6840
Lori's Garden Salad


IMG_6833
Spaghetti & Meatballs


IMG_6841
Reuben Sandwich


IMG_6838
Chicken Fried Steak

IMG_6847
Lori's Signature Burger

IMG_6844
Vanilla Milkshake


IMG_6846
Hot Chocolate


We also went for snacks at Mels Drive-in which has many locations in California. Some might recognize this diner because there are replicas of Mel's Drive-in at Universal Studios theme parks worldwide. 
med1
Photo Credit: http://www.melsdrive-in.com/


IMG_7064

Mel's Drive-in also gets a failing mark in presentation just like most diners but food, I promise, tasted better than it looked.
IMG_7077
 Cheese Fries


IMG_7081
Short Rib Sliders


IMG_7079
The Famous Melburger


IMG_7074
Chicken Salad Sandwich




IMG_7067
Spaghetti & Meat Balls


IMG_7069
Cheeseburger

Fog City is located at 1300 Battery St, San Francisco, California 94111, United States. For more information click here.
Lori's Diner has multiple branches in San Francisco. For more information, click here.
Mels Drive-in has multiple branches in California. For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...