Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nanta in Myeongdong

Back in the city from the Paju Premium Outlets, we were scheduled to watch Nanta in Myeongdong.

DSC_0219

DSC_0179

Nanta is the longest running show in Korean history and tells the story of three cooks attempting to finish preparation for a wedding banquet.
DSC_0186

Nanta is mostly non-verbal with the cast using acrobatics, magic tricks, comedy, pantomime, and audience participation to entertain the crowd.
DSC_0189


DSC_0198

Taking live pictures was prohibited but I was able to sneak in a few shots: 
DSC_0212

DSC_0210

DSC_0218

I have to admit that I fell asleep during Nanta, but to be fair, I was running on just a couple hours sleep that night. I would not discourage anyone from watching Nanta because it's truly a unique Korean experience.

Tickets for Nanta start at  40,000krw or 1,500php. For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...