Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Taipei 101

I was in Taipei for a quick 3 day getaway. It was more of a sightseeing excursion but we did manage to squeeze in a few culinary adventures along the way! This is the 8th of 10 parts. 

It's impossible to escape Taipei 101 when in Taiwan. It's the 2nd tallest building in the world after all standing 1,674 feet tall.


When I was younger, I actually joined a youth group and we went on a three week coast to coast exploration of Taiwan (see adventure here), so I no longer joined Murtle and Curly in ascending the top floors of Taipei 101.


Based on the pictures Murtle and Curly shared, not much has changed from my visit 6 years ago. (Wow! It has been that long... time surely flies!!!)
Line Going Up


Sending A Postcard is A Must


View From the Top

I spent my time waiting for Murtle and Curly at Taipei 101’s food hall, Grand Market.

I was craving for Tom Yum soup that day so I bought tom yum noodles from this outlet:

I wasn’t surprised that the flavors were not authentic but I was at least able to satisfy a craving. 

After what felt like forever, Murtle and Curly finally joined me at the food hall. These were what they ordered:


It goes without saying that Taipei 101 is a must visit for first timers.

Taipei 101 is located at No. 7 Sec. 5 Xin Yi Road, Taipei Taiwan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi!

We would like to invite you to the launching of McCormick’s new Facebook app in the event “Discover Flavors”. Join us on May 10, 2012 as we explore zesty surprises behind McCormick's herbs and spices. We’ll be waiting for you at Fully Booked TopShelf, B6 Bonifacio High Street, 11th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig at 3:00pm.

Don’t forget to RSVP to JC Pullan on or before May 9, 2012. You can reach him at the following contact details

E-mail: jc@dualactionblender.com
Mobile: 09166426832
Telephone: 7503416

See you there!


Cheers,

Princess Tan
for Dual Action Blender

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...