Saturday, October 29, 2011

Laksa at 328

Singapore Day 4
East Coast Road
1:27 p.m.

My trip to Singapore will not be complete without having my favorite spicy noodle soup, laksa. Since it was already our last day, going to 328 Katong Laksa was my first priority. 


Much has been said about this no-frills eatery with most locals claiming that 328 Katong Laksa is one of the best places to have laksa. Talk, however, has also been rife that the laksa is now only a shadow of its former self, with the quality deteriorating over the years.

I made it my mission to discover the truth ...
Small Bowl of Laksa
I love my laksa creamy and I got my wish. The soup was rich in coconut milk which was made extra yummy because of the fresh shrimps and chewy noodles. The spice level though was pretty mild and nowhere near where I wanted it to be. Overall, while I had no trouble finishing my order, I was underwhelmed and felt that it missed that extra something. I truly doubt that this is one of the best bowls of laksa to be had in all of Singapore.

By the way, don't forget to try otah, a sweet spicy fish paste delicacy made from mackerel that's available at 328 Katong Laksa.


328 Katong Laksa is located at 216 East Coast Road Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...