Thursday, August 11, 2011

Curly and Sandy's

It was Curly's birthday recently and it only meant one thing... 

She had no choice but to give me a treat!

I was glad that we both agreed on having the celebration at Sandy's Pizza as I've been wanting to give this far-from-my-neighborhood pizza joint a try.

San Juan branch

Sandy's Pizza, the San Juan branch at least, can only accommodate a limited number of dine-in guests because it only has a couple of tables outside the order window. The table gods were thankfully with us and we were able to snag a table when we went there. 

Aside from being the birthday girl, Curly is also the bigger glutton so don't be surprised by the amount of food we had.

Honey Glazed Wings
Sweet and nice. A good version of  a pizza parlor staple. Just don't expect it to be as good as those offered by establishments that specialize on wings.

Tuna Arabbiata
This was recommended by the staff of Sandy's and it certainly hit the spot. I loved the amount of spice this pasta had.

Thai Chicken
I was generally underwhelmed because there was not much meat and the flavors of the pizza, though undeniably Thai, were not fully developed. I longed for a bigger bolder taste which Thai cuisine is known for.  A saving grace was the chewy dough that I enjoyed.  

Though I was not too happy with the pizza, I commend Sandy's Pizza for being bold to come up with unique pizza flavors. There will be a next time for me with Sandy's as I'm eager to try other flavors such as Indian Chicken Curry Crunch, Filipino Adobo with Kesong Puti, and Mexican Taco Pizza. 

Sandy's Pizza has three locations: San Juan, Makati, and Katipunan. For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...