Sunday, March 20, 2011

Uninspired Asian Buffet at Crustasia

Last time I checked,  buffets are designed to have the capacity to feed tons of people. Too bad Crustasia missed this memo.



I had the misfortune of eating at Crustasia where one has to wait a considerable amount of time before food at the buffet table is refilled.

Spices
The only section where supply looks bountiful.


Appetizers
Sad looking and uninteresting


Soup
 Warms the stomach.


Siomai
 Not so bad. As the night went on, 4 pieces became 3 pieces per serving though.


Mongolian
I requested this to be cooked  with a lot of spice but I didn't feel any heat.

Kindao Spareribs and Pad See You

To this day, I am still confused what these dishes were all about.


Chicken and Crabs

I wasn't able to try Crustasia's specialty as there are no good parts to be had. Shells, shells, and just more shells for the crabs.


Tilapia and Pad Thai
Pad Thai tasted nothing like pad thai. Fish was good but the real challenge was to catch it at the buffet table first.


Roast Beef
Tough and cold.



Watermelon


Cream with Mango


Banana with Langka
My favorite of the three desserts.


Iced Tea
Comes with the buffet which costs 395++.


While the cost of the buffet is dirt cheap, it's no excuse for the very limited supply of food that we had.

P.S. I learned that Crustasia had its final run of the Asian buffet at Trinoma this weekend. I'm not surprised as the buffet only gives the restaurant a bad name.

Crustasia is located the second level, Alabang Town Center, 772-2968; the sixth level, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, 910-4096, TriNoma, 901-3607; and Rockwell Powerplant Mall, 728-5463.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...