Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wifi Hotel is Worth a Try

I was recently in Hong Kong. Get to know what Hong Kong has to offer through my adventure. This is the 2nd of 14 parts

Before we start with the food entries, allow me to share where Murtle and I stayed during our 3 nights in Hong Kong.

Since we decided to go to Hong Kong on a whim, it was too late when we learned that there was a scheduled trade show during the weekend that we were going to be there. Needless to say, hotel rates were at an all time high.

We, being on a budget, had limited choices. In the end, we settled for Wifi Hotel where room rate was about 1,000HKD (6,000PHP) per night. Off-peak price could go as low as 500HKD though from what I've researched.

Wifi Hotel is a “boutique” hotel situated in Wanchai. It offers compact rooms ideal for travelers who will not spend much of their time indoors.

Everything was tiny even for Hong Kong standards:
 
Facade
 

"Lobby"



Front Desk



Cramped Elevator


Space from Elevator to Door


The Room



Bathroom


Room Without A View


Equipment Available


To illustrate how small our space really was, I took a picture of our room from the edge of the headboard. Yes, this is really it. No zooming required.

Wall to Wall

Will I stay in this hotel again? I have to say that the answer is no.

Let me tell you why...

THE GOOD:
  • Free wifi which is convenient for any traveler

THE BAD:
  • Room was so small that it was impossible to fully open two pieces of luggage at the same time.
  • The room also wasn’t as clean as I would have liked it to be. Funky smell in the bathroom didn’t help.
  • I also sensed that we had guests of the spooky kind. This is coming from a person who rarely feels anything. I could have been imagining things though so take this info with a grain of salt.

THE UGLY:
  • Location, location, location! The 10 minute walk to and from Causeway Bay was a bitch! Especially hard to do when feet are tired and there are loads of bags to carry. I had to motivate myself every night just to make it back to the hotel.

I could have dealt with a small, funky, haunted room but being relatively far from Causeway Bay was a deal breaker for me.

Don’t get me wrong though as Wifi Hotel is still worth a try if shopping isn’t the main reason why one is in Hong Kong. Just make sure that rates are reasonable and cheaper than what other 3 star hotels in nearby locations offer.

Wifi Boutique Hotel is located at 366 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. For more information pls. visit their website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...