Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chateau Hestia Wonderland

My friends and I celebrated 10 years of friendship in Tagaytay. See what we were up to. This is the last of 3 parts.

Before leaving Tagaytay, my friends and I made sure to have lunch in a Tagaytay restaurant that we’ve all not tried before. We ended up at Chateau Hestia, a European insprired restaurant.

I love the overall look of this garden restaurant.
Entrance to Chateau Hestia




Chateau Hestia is also a bed & breakfast. Here's a model unit.


Dining Area

On to the food...
Complimentary Bread Basket
Loved the variety of bread.

Hestia’s Onion Soup (120php)
Good version though I wish that this was presented more appetizingly.


Forest Mushroom Soup (130php)
Certainly better than the canned variety.


Alt Wiener Erdapfel Suppe or Potato Soup (125php)
 My favorite soup among the three. Rich in potato flavor.


Pasta di Mare or Scallops and Prawns in Pomodoro Sauce (320php)
My favorite dish at Chateau Hestia. Has to be because of the sauce’s strong garlicky taste.

Say Cheese (540php for 12 inches)
My friends loved this cheese pizza but this just tasted ok for me. Probably because I had a cheese overload before going to Tagaytay.


Wiener Schnitzel or Pork Schnitzel Vienna-Style (380php)
This is supposedly a famous Viennese dish of pan-fried and thinly-sliced pork cutlet. This, however, was a disappointment as it just reminded me of liempo. The bread also had the consistency of a fruitcake. Not what I expected from a house specialty.


Osso Buco Milanese (480php)
The beef was at least soft but the flavors of this osso buco was bland. Enjoyed eating the mashed potato more than the osso buco.


Sausage Platter of Debriziner, Austrian Buren,
 and Bockwurst with cheese (430php)
I only liked the Austrian Buren as the other two tasted like commercial sausages that I could easily get from the supermarket. (think of the Purefoods and Swift variety) Needless to say, Santi’s sausages are far superior than Chateau Hestia’s.

Chateau Hestia is known for its Limoncello so we had to order it. It was the perfect way to cap a 10 year anniversary weekend.


Limoncello (750php per bottle)
 While this looks harmless, the Limoncello was certainly no mild drink as some friends (who will not be named) reeled from too much “celebration.” 25% alcohol content if I’m not mistaken. Tastes only a hint of lemon as the strong alcohol flavor dominated every shot.

Though the food didn’t wow us, we have no regrets in choosing Chateau Hestia to cap our Tagaytay weekend as the Limoncello made us forget about any negative thoughts we had with the place. Chateau Hestia is a place where visiting it once is enough. Good to try but I don’t think I’ll ever be back.

Chateau Hestia Garden Restaurant is located at Purok 5, Brgy. Bukal, Silang, Cavite, Philippines 4118. For more information, visit http://www.chateauhestia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...