Saturday, August 28, 2010

Divine Delize Cakes


Pistachio Sans Rival (875php)

I was introduced to the magical kitchen of Jill Sandique via Delize’s Pistachio Sans Rival. It’s the 4th best privately baked cake in Manila according to the Inquirer so I had high expectations. The Pistachio Sansrival certainly lived up to its hype for it was love at first bite. Each layer of the crunchy, buttery goodness was nirvana and I could have finished the entire cake on my own if only calories were not an issue. It also didn’t hurt that the cake looked so inviting since the cake had a nice green shade thanks to the use of California pistachios. Undeniably, the best sans rival I’ve eaten in my life.

Because of the wonderful introduction to Delize, I’m now a Delize convert and have been trying their other specialties whenever there is an opportunity.


Pavlova (760php)

We once tried their version of Pavlova and it also didn’t disappoint. For those who like to mix fruits with cream, the Pavlova will be a sure winner. Made from crisp meringue and fruits, not only is this cake beautifully crafted but the kiwis and mangoes used were all fresh and naturally sweet. The Pavlova is the ideal treat for those who like their desserts light and not so rich.


White Chocolate Cheesecake (1,230php)

More recently, we ordered the White Chocolate Cheesecake at Delize. I had to admit that I was disappointed when I opened the box and saw this sad looking cake. I’m used to visually stunning cakes from Delize so I was surprised at how ordinary this one looked. I should, however, have had more faith in the talent of Jill Sandique as what the cake lacked in appearance was more than compensated for by its taste. The cheesecake was a close-my-eyes, where-am-I wonder!

You wouldn’t be able to distinguish the cheese from the chocolate as Delize managed to harmonize both ingredients perfectly. Also, unlike other cheesecakes, I didn’t get tired of eating the White Chocolate Cheesecake after a few bites. In fact, a single slice wasn’t enough and I wanted more. It’s hard to describe how good this Delize cheesecake is as all the superlatives won’t give it justice. Just trust me when I say that it’s a definite must-try.

I have already planned my next Delize cake and it will be their chocolate meringue sensation, the Concorde. For sure my love for Delize cakes will be brought to new heights as the Concorde, according to the Inquirer, is the best privately baked cake in Manila. I seriously cannot wait!

For orders, you can call Delize by Jill Sandique at 7217022 or 4978811. Mondays thru Saturdays 9 am to 5 pm. Allow 2 to 3 days for your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...