Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Osama is King


I had my first bite of Osama’s awesome shawarma in a Rockwell bazaar a couple of years ago. I’ve been haunted ever since. You see, Osama's had no permanent stall and I was often left tortured whenever an Osama craving hit as I had to wait for another bazaar just to have my fix.

Thankfully, this dilemma is now a thing of the past as Dum recently shared the good news that Osama’s Shawarma has finally found a permanent home in Agno St. near De La Salle University-Manila. Aside from being the favorite smoking spot of students, it is also in Agno where some of the most delicious yet affordable food in La Salle can be found. A perfect location for Osama’s if I may say so myself.

I didn’t wait long and trooped to Agno the first chance I got with the sole purpose of being reunited with Osama’s.



Just like what I remembered, Osama Explode (65php) didn’t disappoint as it’s everything that I want in an all beef shawarma with cheese. The beef was very flavorful with just the right amount of fat pieces to make it extra delicious. The cheese was also a melt-in-your mouth wonder which left me wanting for more. They were right in naming this shawarma Osama Explode, as strong garlic flavors completely exploded in my mouth thanks to Osama’s addictive white sauce. The pita bread was also properly heated and singed much to my delight. I can go on and on about Osama Explode as this truly is the best shawarma for me.


Aside from shawarma, Osama’s now offers Siomai Bin Laden (35php) which I also tried. Siomai is one of my favorite Chinese delicacies and I was pleasantly surprised with Osama’s version. Aside from the decent size, the siomai had real meat and could easily pass off as coming from an authentic Chinese restaurant. It also didn’t have the commercialized siomai taste which often plagues siomai stalls that have mushroomed all over the metro. Definitely, a new must try in Osama’s!

For those who find the La Salle location out of the way, a perfect opportunity to try Osama’s goodness is this weekend as they join the Rockwell Urban Bazaar from July 9 to 11 2010. Don’t miss the chance to have a little Osama in your life!

Osama’s Shawarma is located at Agno St. near De La Salle-University-Manila. For more information about Osama’s Shawarma pls. join their facebook page !

2 comments:

Dum said...

Thanks for the rave, Dee! :) see you this weekend!

Dee said...

Anytime Dum! Wouldn't have posted an entry if it weren't yummy. Haha

Oh yes! Can't wait for the weekend!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...